– The price someone paid for an entire building in the Village thirty years ago.
– The price that person got when he or she sold it last week.
– The greatest restaurant ever until the tourists ruined it.
– The hottest club ever until the bridge-and-tunnel people ruined it.
– That incredibly hunky, shirtless construction worker who exhibited himself every day on a building site at 5th Avenue and 41st Street – every gay man in NY somehow knew about this guy. All you had to say was, “I was walking down Fifth Avenue…”
– Which mayor was the worst and why everyone now misses Bloomberg.
– Why the new Whitney is hideous/superb/a compromise. (It’s critical to have formed an opinion without having actually been to it.)
– Which neighborhoods and buildings various celebrities live in.
– Why there are no good bakeries/places to get bagels/all-night diners anymore.
– Why Brooklyn still doesn’t count.