– Trying to explain where Lispenard Street is, to a perfectly nice, heavily accented cabdriver.
– Wondering if, in movies and on TV shows, the gay brother is the new gay best friend.
– Loving Hedwig, because of the show, Neil Patrick Harris, and the fact that the whole thing seems breathtakingly politically incorrect, as if the show is daring the audience to figure out a responsible op-ed reaction.
– Enjoying how creepy right-wing blowhards, like Maggie Gallagher, are asking for “tolerance” for fundamentalist Christian homophobia, something I support, as long as the homophobes don’t want to get married.
– The special joy of watching two over-the-top gay male co-hosts on Home Shopping, selling Waterford Crystal. Especially when, while showcasing the Waterford Crystal crucifix and rosary, they begin gushing about Madonna.