– While you’re in the midst of writing something it’s impossible to tell if it’s any good. It is, however, entirely possible to tell if it sucks.
– If you write something awful, just claim that the North Koreans hacked it and changed everything.
– Writing is both about finding what you’re good at, and eliminating all of the far more numerous, amazing things you’re terrible at.
– Rewriting is the best, because it’s exactly what you never get to do in life.
– There is nothing more satisfying than deleting an entire unnecessary paragraph, except for deleting an entire unnecessary chapter.
– I’m sorry, but the two n’s in unnecessary are unnecessary.